Saturday, August 6, 2011

On My Wishlist (7)

On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It’s where we list all the books we desperately want but haven’t actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It’s also an event that you can join in with too – If you want to know more, click here.


Five Flavors of Dumb

Five Flavors of Dumb by Anthony John
Hardcover: 352 pages
Release date: November 11th, 2010
Publisher: Dial
Goodreads Summary: The Challenge: Piper has one month to get the rock band Dumb a paying gig.

The Deal: If she does it, Piper will become the band's manager and get her share of the profits.

The Catch: How can Piper possibly manage one egomaniacal pretty boy, one talentless piece of eye candy, one crush, one silent rocker, and one angry girl? And how can she do it when she's deaf?

Piper can't hear Dumb's music, but with growing self-confidence, a budding romance, and a new understanding of the decision her family made to buy a cochlear implant for her deaf baby sister, she discovers her own inner rock star and what it truly means to be a flavor of Dumb.
Supernaturally (Paranormalcy, #2)



Supernaturally (Paranormalcy #2) by Kiersten White
 Hardcover: 336 pages
Release date: July 26th, 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen
Goodreads Summary: Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be . . . kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.
But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself.
So much for normal. 

What's on your wishlist for this week? 


17 comments:

  1. I really need to read Paranormalcy soon! I have a copy of it but just not read it yet! Great choices this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five Flavors of Dumb looks like a different and interesting read :)

    Good choices!

    Here's what's on my wishlistthis week

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only heard good things about Supernaturally and I want to read it so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to read Paranormalcy. Hope you get to read these soon :)


    On my Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool choices! Definitely get Supernaturally! :D

    Here's mine http://amysbookden.blogspot.com/2011/08/on-my-wishlist-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices I have been wanting to read Supernaturally too.

    On My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know Supernaturally is awesome (hopefully I'll get it soon, yay!) but Five Flavors of Dumb sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing, I'm going to add it to my wishlist right now! :D
    And thanks for coming by my blog. Hugs,

    Alaiel
    www.librarianmouse.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks! These are two that I hope to get my hands on soon, too. The both sound really good. [:

    Thanks for stopping by my WISHLIST. [:

    Erin @ Let's Evaluate

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just checked out Paranormalcy from the library. This week I'm revisiting authors I enjoyed when I first started blogging about books. Please come see which book I'm featuring from my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really can't wait to read Supernaturally either! It's gonna be amazing I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still need to read Paranormalcy, but have heard great things about it and Supernaturally.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks! I still havent read paranormalcy!! I really should soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm waiting to read Supernaturally too, I really enjoyed Paranormalcy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh I have been wanting Five Flavors of Dumb FOREVER!!! Awesome choices!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Five Flavors of Dumb is a FANTASTIC book, one of my favorites I've read this year :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...