Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Top 10 of 2012: Best New Adult/Adult Books



What is Top 10 of 2012? It’s a fun-filled week where we look back at some of the best of “all things books” of 2012 and what books we’re looking forward to in 2013. 

This is an event hosted by Two Chick on BooksFiktshunConfessions of a BookaholicA Life Bound by Books and Magical Urban Fantasy. Today's topic is a reader's choice. That means we can choose any topics from these categories - Villains, Contemporaries, Dual POV's, Novella, Adult Titles, New Adult Titles, Love Triangles, Couples, Bad Boys or Debuts. Since I noticed that half of the 157 books I've read this year are a combination of Adult and New Adult tiles, I decided to list my favorite books from both categories. In a way, this is like the part 2 of my best titles I've read list.

Here's my top ten New Adult/Adult books in no particular order.


On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1)
This is my first read by Samantha Young and I've been a huge fan ever since. I loved everything about it - the writing, setting and the toe-curling romance.
Daughter of the Forest  (The Sevenwaters Trilogy, #1)
Daughter of the Forest is a retelling of German fairy tale The Six Swans in a medieval Celtic environment. This book is so wonderfully written. It's 400 pages long and tears were shed more than a few times. I can't believe it took me until this year to pick it up.
Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers, #1)
Seduction and Snack series is filled with humor and romance! These are hands down the most hilarious books I've ever read. Do not read this book in public unless you want people to think you're a nutcase. 
I've Got Your Number
I absolutely adored this clean romance read. This is a perfect book for relaxation after a long day at school. I found myself laughing and swooning, although it doesn't completely revolve around romance. I can't commend Sophie Kinsella enough for the clever use of footnotes!
Slumber (The Fade, #1)
Have I mentioned I'm a huge fan of Samantha Young? Yep. HUGE. Every single one of her books that I read are amazing. Slumber is loosely based on Sleeping Beauty and this time, it's about her best friend. It's my favorite among Samantha's books (a little of it has something to do with Wolfe). Fans of paranormal romance and New Adult will love this. 
Easy
This is the first New Adult book I loved. It deals with heavy issues and problems that made the book a must read for older teens. 
A Girl Like You
This just became my favorite chick-lit book ever! tied with The Sweet Gum Street and Sophie's book of course. I knew when I read the summary (do it too!) that I would love it. And I was so right.
While It Lasts (Sea Breeze, #3)
This has everything you'd want in an AG book. Steamy and sweet and oh so hot. Best Abbi Glines book in my opinion.
Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10)
I can't believe I went this far in a series. Wait, actually I can. This is the Black Dagger Brotherhood for godsake. I'm so happy that Tohr finally got his HEA and I'm so stoked for Lover At Last!!
The Sweet Gum Tree
The Sweet Gum Tree is about true love and second chances. I think I fell inlove alongside the protagonists - from their childhood which developed into teen romance and then into so much more. It's long but every minute spent reading this was so worth it. 



What about your top ten picks? Share them in the comments or leave a link to your top ten list!

4 comments:

  1. There's a few up there I haven't heard of! Great list and I'll be adding quite a few of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read ANY of those, but several I plan to read next year. (Especially Easy.) Great topic you picked! :)

    Happy Holidays!

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't a fan of Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier! And I didn't make it past Phury in BDB so I'm not a very good judge of your list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of those yet, though I have Lover Reborn waiting to be read. I'll definitely be checking some more out :)

    My Top Ten is here if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...